Sunday, November 18, 2012

Kitchen Dreaming

I've always had trouble making decisions. I remember as a small girl going to a toy store and being told to choose one thing. I knew I wanted Barbie clothes... but I couldn't  decide which package.  
Even ( or maybe especially )  under threat of leaving with nothing.  
More often than not, that's exactly what happened. I'd leave with nothing.

I remind myself that not deciding is still making a decision...

 So the delays in construction at our new house have given me an opportunity to dream. I'm figuring out what I love most
This weekend we went out shopping for a kitchen. 
These cupboards from Martha Stewart at Home Depot...


this pantry ( which I have to find ) ...


This sink ( which I already have ) ...




these floors ( which I have ) ...


This countertop ( which I have but am hoping that we can make the backsplash too ) ...


I hope it all comes together as in my imagination. And I hope I don't change my mind after it's too late.
Any ideas or suggestions? 

Hugs, Karen

5 comments:

  1. How exciting for you to pick the things for your kitchen...love the sink, back splash, the floor...who am i kidding I love it all!!!
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment. When the two get back from Thailand my son wants to have a party with his friends and family here to celebrate the marriage it won't be the same as their wedding in Thailand but it will be a celebration!!! Now they need to get started on my granddaughter!!!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am patiently ( actually eagerly ) waiting for a wedding and a grand baby too! have fun at the party - make sure to post pics :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks like you have some great inspiration for your kitchen, Karen! With what you already have and all your ideas, your kitchen will be beautiful when it's done.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Martha Stewart cabinets and I LOVE those wood floors!! Looks to me like you're on a good path. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I love the kitchen pics and can picture your new kitchen. Looking forward to sharing a cup of tea when it's ready!

    ReplyDelete