Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's ( and Wash ) Day!
I hope you all have a happy day, filled with love and kisses!


I made my own laudry soap today... and it really works!
I love doing laundry. Everything from sorting to hanging to ironing. Isn't it the best thing in the world to bring sheets in off the line and put them directly back on the bed?
So clean and fresh. That's what I'm missing about spring today.
 

I'm storing it in an emamel pail that I found thrifting last summer.
It smells so sunny and citrus. Spring in a pail. I love that it's pink, too.
When was the last time you bought pink laundry soap?



You can find recipes here for both liquid and powder. I used # 9:


12 cups Borax
8 cups Baking Soda
8 cups Washing Soda
8 cups Bar soap - I used pink ZOTE - (grated)

Mix all ingredients well and store in a sealed tub.
Use 1/8 cup of powder per full load.( that's two tablespoons! )


3 comments:

  1. Oh I love to do laundry too!!!! And I love to iron and hang clothes on the line!! I find it so pleasurable!!
    How cute pink laundry soap!!
    This was an adorable post.
    Happy Valentine's Day
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen as my next door neighbour you know I LOVE LOVE LOVE doing laundry ~ Hey how about some soap? LOVE YOU ~ Happy Valentine's Day PS Is that what you did today? me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! I should make this for work!

    ReplyDelete