Sunday, March 6, 2011

It isn't Spring yet...

It poured rain here most of the day yesterday. It was a grey, damp and chilly day. The snow blanketing the backyard turned to a lake. I don't mind, I thought, it's a sure sign of spring, after all.  
Then the temperature dipped, the rain disapeared and by the time the sun came up again this morning - another 4 inches of snow. 

 Well, it's spring in the kitchen. Light, airy, fruity and fresh.


If you haven't made this cake you gotta try it. It's ridiculously easy.
 

Just stir together a box of Angel Food Cake mix and a whole can of crushed pineapple.
Pour it into a 9x13 pan and bake it at 350 for 35 minutes.  
That's it.
I made 24 cupcakes and topped them with whipped cream.
Easy Peasy!

Here's to a sunny day - in spite of the weather :-)
<3

5 comments:

  1. I made a cake just like this last night except I used brown sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, crushed pineapple and mix by hand. Cream cheese icing.
    Mexican wedding cake!
    I love the first photo!!

    After March break spring should be hitting Ontario!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is so easy! No other ingredients? I could do this even with no time on my hands! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh ~ those look sooo yummy ~ Can I come over and share one with you? tee hee ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes look so good!!! I started my diet on Monday so i am hungry right now!!
    Thank you for stopping for a visit and leaving your sweet comment. I am back to work but still not feeling completely better.
    Thank you!!
    Enjoy your day!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete